A Nostalgic Flashback......If you are a 90s KID.!!!!!!



Sometimes we look back and 10 years from now we think, 'Boy, those were great old days.' Well, you know, we're living in the good old days. 
                                                                                                                                      -Joel Osteen



I hope you all have read my previous blog on"Childhood days".Now let me take you to the school going days-'the journey we all knows'.

The flash back begins here!!!!

Twenty years back-1997
Someone:In which class you are studying?
Me:"LKG-A".......
The days,where slate pencils,stone slates,colour chalks were my treasures.And all the 90s kids knows the big "Milton water bottles and tiffin boxes".We all possessed the action school shoes and most of us had the rectangular school bags as our first bag.All the kids around me looked alike with 'the pinned handkerchief ' on their uniform shirts.


The happiness I had when I wrote with pencils for the first time!!!!...I should say,"Nataraj"and"Camel"were the heros that time.
The pencils,erasers,sharpeners,rulers,everything had their names on them.
Remember! how eagerly we waited to get promoted from'pencil writers' to 'pen writers',and the very first were the ink pens and Reynolds ball pens.
The way we took care of our favourite tool box-the instrument box.
Did you forget the double sided magnetic pencil boxes and the'tap'sound of it when closed???
"Ready or not here I come".....hearing this made us to skip a heart beat and snake and ladder was the toughest game then.
Do you miss DD-1 and DD metro and all our favourite cartoons and TV shows?.The sleepless nights to watch "Jai Hanuman and Om Namashivaya"!!!!.Sundays meant "Shaktiman and Shaka Laka Boom Boom".


The cartoon lists will never end-Tom and Jerry,Scooby dooby doo,Road runner,Looney tunes............
                      
Our favourite collections were 10 & 20 paise coins,name slips,WWE(wrestling) cards,cricket players cards,big babool tatoos,the tiny china cars and so on......
And what were the snacks and drinks we loved?
"The colour Jellys,for which we go crazy like today's kids loved 'kinder Joy'.Before horlicks,boost and bournvita I used to drink 'Maltova and Milo'.The number of lacto king and coffee bite we get on birthdays!!!The Tiger and Parle-G biscuits,but britania Jim Jam was my favourite.
Milky bar choo,Diary milk wooveys,poppins and gems filled my tummy.

My daddy has an "Ambassador car" we used to say and was later replaced by Omini or Maruti-800.
I hated the month of June and the tedious work of covering books with brown papers and labelling the name slips.(atlast its mom's duty)
I loved sports days for that I could eat Glucon-D,even if I don't participate in any events.
Don't forget the innumerous pencils and pens we had!!!....
The multi colour pen,milky pen,gel pen,pen pencils.
                                        

Pencils with funky eraser tops,we called it cap pencils;were the best.And someone who owned the long pencils was considered the richest in the class.


The ads of Ujala and washing powder Nirma were by-heart for us.The wait for church and temple feast to come,to buy butterfly clips,magic slates,hydrogen balloons and apple balloons.

Which were the best games then??....The class room games included pen fights,bay blade and hand cricket for boys(I loved hand cricket).Stone paper scissors,name place thing,XO's,dots and boxes and happiness was completing the square boxes and writing the first letter of my name inside them.
Do you remeber the paper game? With colours or numbers serves as option for players to choose from and the thrill for the hidden message to get revealed!!!

Now we pass whatsapp texts in between classes,but then!It was the paper bit-"passing the message".
The game session was incomplete without the'local outdoor games'-"Erupanthu","kutteem Kolum","Akku".....etc.I just forgot the better part,we prayed for fridays to come fast so that we get the new editions of "kalikkudukka and balarama"
The first computer games we ever played were-'Aladdin and Dangerous Dave' and then the days of Road rash came.

Ohh!!!...did I not mention the video game-"duck hunt"and the "brick game"!!!!
Hahhhaa....was it really a nostalgic flash back through the golden days.I think most of the 90s kids can connect to this.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eighteen!

My clothes! My choice!

Shattering Stereotypes!