For Whom Do You Live.........................????????????????



THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE SOCIETY


                                           

"Wake up!!!...Wake up..!!..see,what's the time now??...
You are a girl and you can't sleep like this..What will others think???"

As a girl,my usual day starts and ends up by hearing the word "society "..
"Don't whistle,you are a girl","Don't sit with your legs crossed!!..,no girls will do that"..
"No you can't go out,it's already 6.30pm,after all you are a girl"...!!!.
"You should take care of your dressing,people will stare at you."..
It continues...




I wonder,do we live  for ourselves or for satisfying the society???..

Man:Hey...a happy news,we are blessed with a baby
Society:Oh really!!...Is it a Doctor or an Engineer???
Yes...it's a fact of life,,from then we are being tagged to be the "Professionals"!!...
And there comes  the society-a dream killer!!..

Son:"Dad photography is my passion,and I want to take it as my profession".
Dad:"Holy crap!!! Are you insane,no way!!!!the entire family is into engineering
and what will others think about you.???"..
And his dream remained cocooned somewhere inside.

By the way,what you mean by the  society??
It can be your family,relatives,neighbours, colleagues or friends.
We all are a part of the society,which have turned to be very toxic now a days.
I can't gulp it why people are so obsessed to know about other's whereabouts??.
The society including me are so pleased to hear about the failures of others
 but not the success stories.
Why we are so eager to dig into others lives,
be it the break up stories or the career failures. ??? 

To live in this country we should adhere to some rules,name it

"The Commandments of Society".

1.A girl shouldn't talk to a stranger,but can marry one!!
2.A boy is not supposed to cry.
3.A girl is old enough to get married but not old enough to go on a trip with her friends.
4.A girl should not stay single after completing her studies.
5.A boy should find a job,the very  moment he has  graduated.....   



And the list never ends,I can't pen down all of it...


                 


Why should I waste my whole life waiting to start living for myself.???..
The fear of what do others think had kept the 'real me' trapped in clutches...
The thoughts; will they laugh at me if I say something stupid?
Will it be okay if I dance?..Can I wear this dress and go out??...!!!..
had prisoned me all these years..
We've  celebrated the 70th year of Independence a few days back..
So can I come out of the cage of the society and enjoy the freedom to live???




'Live the life you were born to live'




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eighteen!

My clothes! My choice!

Shattering Stereotypes!