My clothes! My choice!



By the clothes I wear,

I'm judged here,

A visible bra strap,

is it a crap?

High heels and short dress,

is that a cause of distress?

The length of skirt

is it a reason to flirt?

Why do blame teens

for wearing tight jeans?

The lusty gazes

and unhappy faces

for revealing clothes

not covering head to toes.

Despite the age,

depth of cleavage

is it provocative 

or are you conservative?

A mind full of dirt

typecast a sleeveless shirt

and call it,

the sexy outfit

with evil stares

and unfriendly glares

normalises violence

keeping silence.

"Inviting" they say,

but if she say 'nay',

it's a sign,

not to cross your line.

Objectifying women

for the desires of men

blaming victim's attire everytime

after they commit a crime.

The choice of dress

is my right to express

and in reality

nothing to do with my morality;

Why should I fear,

in what I wear

if it's evident

that I'm confident.

My fashion, of any sort

is my comfort.

Judge by the quality

and the personality

Not by my appearance

that's your incoherence!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Eighteen!

Shattering Stereotypes!