Self-Reflection

 


Tears of the sky;

a drop fell on my eye.

Sitting on the garden seat,

raindrops touched my feet.

Looking down the ground,

droplets floating around,

beating the heat of the day

standing water at bay.

I looked down,

saw me in the wet gown;

I gazed at my reflection,

admiring nature's perfection,

through the still calm water,

and my thoughts wander.

I could see,

shades of me,

the brighter

and the lighter,

the grey and the blue,

the dark and the pale hue.

These tears could draw,

all the colors of life, I saw;

the days of laughter,

and the pain thereafter.

Reflecting things I knew,

through a different view.

How I cried? 

And ran to hide,

again stood strong

against the wrong.

Fighting back everytime,

remembering how bold am I

I saw my reflected soul,

over which I lost control.

Did I forget my true self?

Did I not trust myself?

Alone time I need, to decode,

mind and soul to be in concord

If I could find,

the reason behind.

How strange

was the change? 


A leaf dropped into the water,

the stillness did alter,

ripples spreading across

and now I know the cause,

for I didn't see,

the real me.

Worried of what others think,

there my life started to sink.

Always, others opinion,

was my companion.

Like the leaf, a dropping word

is sharper than a sword,

muddling your thoughts,

and tie yourself in knots.

Ripples circling yet,

the inner self you forget.

Distractions around,

slowly settling down.

Let my shadow speak,

the calm, my soul seek,

listening to my inner voice,

being me, is my own choice.

Again the mirror of my soul,

self reflecting my whole.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eighteen!

Shattering Stereotypes!

My clothes! My choice!