The Best Birthday Gift ❤️



Yeah! Though my birthday was two days ago, I wanted to thank each and everyone who made my day so special. I'm really overwhelmed by all your warm birthday wishes, love and the kind of attention you all gave me.


Who doesn't love birthdays? If you don't, Sorry! I do!! Hahaha.... Yeah, of course I love my birthdays or I would say, I'm the one who's over excited about my birthdays. When the month of June is here, I be like. OMG!! OMG!!! My birthday is here and finally on June 9th I'm like- Hurrayyyy!!! Happy birthday to me.... !!

I will make sure no one forgets my birthday and keep reminding them.
I'm that attention seeker who will be like, oyyee you didn't wish me yet. I would tell my wishlist to everyone, especially to my sister and husband, to get beautiful gifts. Also I won't let anyone plan surprises for me, because I would have already planned my own surprises.

Sounds crazy right, yes I'm!!

So someone like me enjoys even the tiniest bit of love and pamperings which I get on my birthdays. Don't think I'm selfish. The same way I will always do whatever possible in my way to make someone happy on their birthdays too. You may think, what's the big deal on birthdays, you could do it on any day. True that. But I believe birthdays are special because one is born on that particular day and it reminds us, how far we've come. So it's a cause for celebration and reason to be celebrated. And if I could make someone smile on their special day that would make my day.
Let them know we remember them, we care for them.

Coming back to my birthday.

This year's birthday was a typical lockdown birthday with not much happenings but still I enjoyed everything about that day.
I was at my husband's place and due to heavy lockdown restrictions my parents and sister couldn't make it. But as I've got the sweetest in-laws, they made sure that my day is celebrated in the most beautiful way. Also it was my first birthday with them, as on my last birthday they were in Singapore with my brother-in-law and family.
My birthday started off around 11.50 past at night on 8th June, with few calls from my close ones. Then at 12.00 am sharp I got the most special and sweet wish from the best and most important person in my life- my husband. He gifted me a nice pair of white sneakers. He took me to the living room where my in-laws waited to sing the birthday song and showered me with hugs & kisses. Then my husband played a video made by my sister ( she never fails to surprise me, though I'm a spoiler!). Watching the video made me happy and emotional at the same time. The video ended, I took my phone and saw number of missed calls from my sister and then she called me again to wish. Then tons of messages in WhatsApp were awaiting, among which a long cheesy text from my cousin sister- Neol, really touched me and I broke into tears. Happy tears I should say.
All my friends, cousins, relatives, colleagues and students took their time to wish me on my special day.

I woke up to the calls from my parents and a lot of heart touching messages and statuses on Whatsapp, Instagram and Facebook. Mostly from my beloved students who always make me emotional by pouring immense love over me. They wrapped me with the most beautiful words a teacher could ever get and what more could I ask for. The words imprinted on my heart forever! Some of them wrote on how I inspired them to follow their dreams, how I stood for them in their good and bad times, how I helped them with some difficult subjects, how I could manage them under stressful situations and what I'm to them. Poring over all these, I couldn't hold back my tears. All the batches especially the first years surprised me with their wishes. Because I never expected all the first year students would wish me coz I never got much time physically with them, but virtually. Students are always my strength and my weakness.Also Amma sent me the cutest video on earth, where my grandma wished me the happiest of birthdays.

My mother- in-law made my favourite dish " her special chicken curry". Trust me I have never had chicken curry this tastier. Also she made "cherupayar parippu payasam". It was yummilicious. My husband ordered my second favourite cake - "butterscotch caramel nut" flavour ( P.S - Irish coffee is my favourite but was not available). I had the birthday celebration at night. Thanks to technology that both my parents and brother-in- law and family didn't miss the celebration. We had a virtual cake cutting.

My birthday surprises and gifts didn't get over by 9th! On next day (June 10th) morning I've received an Amazon delivery. I opened it to see chocolates! That's my sister. I knew it. It's her gift. After an hour or so I received another delivery. This time it was Myntra. And it contained two packed items. After sanitising properly I've opened them with unending curiosity. One package contained two Kurtis. I was laughing by then seeing the same Kurtis in my hands which are on my wishlist, which I've shown my sister. I called her and she told it's " Acha & Amma's gift. Then I wondered what would be the other package. Impatient me torn the package within seconds and it was a beautiful pastel lavender kurta set. As I've already mentioned I'm a spoiler!!! And I've overheard something Ammachi ( mother in law) whispering to Jaim's (husband) ears like gift or something, few days back. So I guessed it's their gift. I jumped out of happiness saying " Oh this time I'm getting lot of gifts!! (P.S:You know! I love my birthdays too much!) But then Priyanka ( sister) called and she told me my in -law's gift is yet to come. They all planned it together! And this one was again from Mr.Husband. Oh! He's not that bad in keeping surprises! Well! He did manage to deal a spoiler like me.
Then we had a sumptuous lunch, a very delicious Chicken Biriyani, prepared by Ammachi again. I should say she has got too good culinary skills. Also we had a small family photoshoot in the evening :P

I have nothing but a thank you note to my family, friends- near and far, and my students for making my birthday amazingly beautiful and extra special with your wonderful messages and goodies. I loved it all!

I thank you god for gifting me another year of happiness.

And out of all the gifts I've got on all my birthdays, my most valuable one was gifted to me, by Lord Almighty itself. 12 years ago in 2009, June 9th, on my 16th birthday ;I met the love of my life- the gift for life. I was distributing chocolates to everyone in the class and a boy (new comer) wished me " Happy birthday". I just smiled and said thank you. I never knew it was the best birthday gift I've got then.

Years ago I wrote:

*The first time she met him was on her birthday. The first thing he said was " birthday wishes, stay blessed and happy".
But she never knew, the rest of her days would be blessed and the happiest! And thus he kept his word*
Yes. That boy is my husband today, who still keeps me happy & blessed.

-So I can't thank enough the almighty for gifting me the most precious gift in my life- the best thing that happened to me.
-I thank my sister for taking extra care with her support, so that I don't loose my gift.
-And I thank my parents for making sure I could hold the gift that God gave me for the rest of my life.
- I thank my friends who wished and prayed all these years that I'm happy and safe with the gift. And still they do.
-And my in-laws for creating this beautiful gift and believing that I will take good care of it in the most precious way.


Thanks again and don't forget to bring a smile on someone's face on their special day- their Born Day!!!.


I think my birthday is not over yet! When I pen down this on 11.06.2021, I heard the door bell. Hurray! My -in laws- gift is delivered. Okay bye. Let me open it.

To be continued...... (P.S: I wish so :p)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eighteen!

Shattering Stereotypes!

My clothes! My choice!