SEVEN FOREVERđź’›



You've given EVERYTHING!

Yes! I mean everything. 

Still I'm heartbroken.

I know I'm selfish!

But still I'm sad.

You've done everything 

That anyone can do,

Still I'm not over this.

Yes I know, I'm selfish.

I remember the day 

I saw you on T.V,

for the very first time,

from then every time, 

You were on crease

My heart skipped a beat!

I remember all the SIXES

I remember all the helicopter shots,

I remember the way you smiled

and how you took back a stump

after every winning matches.

I remember your insane

wicket keeping skills,

India was safe in your magical hands.

I remember all the winning captain's

speech you've made.

I remember you taking

all the blames for losing a match.

I remember the number of haters you had,

and how much I fought with them.

Yes you've given everything,

Still I can't control my tears,

Yes I'm selfish.

My childhood days had you in them,

and teenage days were not different

and even in my late 20's it's the same.

Still I curse 2020!

Yes I'm selfish.

"Dhoni finishes off in style"

Is my favourite comment ever.

The words are still ringing in my ears,

But I'm down,

Yes I'm selfish!

I remember you lifting up

all the ICC trophies

and handing over to youngsters

and smiling from a distance.

I remember the number of games,

You have finished for INDIA.

I remember how you 

changed the face of Indian cricket,

I know I was counting,

I know this day would come,

I know it was near.

Still I can't believe it.

Yes I'm selfish.

You will be my captain

FOREVER and always!!!!

The captain cool!

I will remember the number 

SEVEN for the rest of my life.


Years ago I wrote,

" She saved all her tears,

To shed them on the day

MSD retires"

And the day is here!

But I never knew,

It would be this hard.

When reality strikes!!!

I'm lucky that 

I lived in an era,

where MSD had his beautiful journey,

and I grew watching his growth in cricket.

THANK YOU MAHI❤️


 -Forever MSDian


#thankyouMSD 💛💙

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eighteen!

My clothes! My choice!

Shattering Stereotypes!