The "MOTHER" You Forgot!





I've a story to tell,
listen, it's yours as well.
I'm the mother of many,
but in real there weren't any.
The mother of all generations,
despite religion & discriminations.
Them, so much I loved,
yet they remained, unmoved.
About me they never cared,
I was all alone and scared.
Still I never complained,
my love never waned.
All I know is to give,
what they needed to survive;
I gave them every single thing,
food, water, shelter; everything;
gifted them beauty, art, sanity
for I loved them beyond infinity.
But they wanted more,
exploited me to the core.
And took everything from me,
taken for granted when it's free.
I gave them my heart,
but all they knew was to hurt.
With plastics they filled my lungs,
more painful, as they are my sons!
I tried in vain to breathe,
choking underneath.
Rising smoke burnt my skin,
and they broke my bones within.
Pierced my hands and feet,
with axe and saw and repeat;
Dug deep into my heart
tearing my flesh apart.
Wounds that never heal
and all the scars I conceal;
Bleeding again, I cried;
so alone and terrified.
Am I inside a prison?
like it's a poison.
I couldn't bear the pain,
tears rushed down as rain,
They called it 'flood',
but never saw my blood.
"I'm your mother, please help",
everytime in vain, I yelp.
I was sick and dying,
no one heard me crying!
Now I'm afraid,
can I be the shade?
for the ones yet to come;
If not all, at least some?
I fear, can I feed?
when they are in need.
Is anything left?
to give them the best!

Then they got infected, 
and all were affected;
 a disease with no cure,
but my love for them is so pure,
I can't see them struggling,
I want to keep them smiling.
Inside the cages,
going through toughest stages.
They ain't  hurting me for a while,
after so long I could smile.
Paused everything they did before,
I couldn't ask for more.
I'm trying hard to bring them back,
and give them what they lack.
Your mother is there for you now,
I don't know how! 
but definitely somehow.
I'll let it happen anyhow!
I''ll take your pain,
But will you hurt me again?
I wish, I wish, not;
"I'm your mother, you forgot".









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eighteen!

My clothes! My choice!

Shattering Stereotypes!