The Eighteen!

 


The naughtiest ones,

powerful than guns,

they can just talk

and cause havoc.

Always ecstatic

at times dramatic.

They are the rule breakers,

call themselves the trouble makers.

Jokes apart;

so dear to my heart.

I was there from the beginning,

couldn't be a part of the final inning

making me feel sad,

at the same time I'm glad

for their new ride

and with pride

I could say,

"my kids anyway".

I know them so well,

that I could tell

their tricks and lies

by looking into their eyes.

For the love they shower,

I'm thankful ever.

Since day one

the endless fun,

at the foot of the hill

in the evenings; dark, chill

green and fair

waiting to hear

'Are you free

for a coffee'?

That is all that matters

when everything shatters.

Gazing stars at night

in the pale blue light

having conversations so intense,

that doesn't make any sense.

Even the walls tell stories

of their past glories.

Teaching them was a task,

it is too much to ask

for them to learn

that was my biggest concern 

but they were always lively

and made days lovely.

Moments of friendship

and memories from the trip

to cherish forever 

will I forget? Never!

The favourite 'eighteen'

You know what I mean.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My clothes! My choice!

Shattering Stereotypes!